top of page
The General Store & Souvenir Shop
In about 1976 Mrs. Thomas and her carpenter, Mr. O. A. Buchanan, replicated this structure with part of the 1830 double corn crib and old lumber to create form a typical nineteenth-century East Texas crossroads mercantile store.
General stores were just that. They had a little bit of everything! Customers could get a bath or haircut, have their shoes shined, purchase gas and kerosene, and buy a variety of provisions. In addition to the Gift Shop, the store houses a mercantile collection which includes old store furnishings, signs, period merchandise and collectibles.
Be sure to bring a bit
of spending money!
In addition to drinks and snacks, the General Store carries a line of historically inspired gifts and souvenirs.
bottom of page