Log Office (1860's)
This small log structure was built as a land office and was located on the first county road going east from Highway 59, north of the Appleby water tower. It has served many purposes over the years and is typical of the size and style of most offices in the 19th centruy East Texas. After the Civil War, milled lumber and brick were more affordable and easier to attain; thus; fewer people built log offices such as this one in later years.
Numbers can be seen on the corner of the log office. Several buildings in the village show signs of how the structures were moved and reassembled in their current location.